COVID-19 Press Conference Summary 15.01.2021
Who was on today’s panel?
Prime Minister of Great Britain Boris Johnson, England’s Chief Medical Officer Prof Chris Whitty, and the UK’s Chief Scientific Adviser, Sir Patrick Vallance.
Update on Covid-19 cases
1,280 deaths on Friday with a Covid-19 positive result.
Update on vaccination rollout
Total of 3.2 million have received a dose of their vaccine.
General summary of points raised by the panel
- All travel corridors will close for a month to protect the UK against new variants of Covid on Monday 18th 2021
- UK travel arrivals must show a negative test and quarantine for 10 days
- Prof Chris Whitty says the death toll is set to increase as there are more admissions than ever. He did say that although the case numbers are “extremely high”, the numbers are “levelling off”
- Sir Patrick Vallance said the cases are coming down as a result of lockdown rules, but “take the lid off now and it is going to boil over for sure”.
- The panel agreed that now is not the time for any relaxation.
For more info or data, check the Government website here.
We all know that lockdowns will not get any easier and that it takes a serious toll on our health. If you are struggling, please take note of the following numbers if you need help.
As we enter #lockdown please remember, you are not alone! If you need to talk, you might find these helpful:
📞 Samaritans 116 123
📞 Mind 0300 123 3393
📞 Calm 0800 58 58 58
📞 Women’s Aid 0808 2000 247
📞 Age UK 0800 678 1602
📞 Childline 0800 1111
📞 YoungMinds 0800 018 2138
— Temporary Inspector Milnes (@SYP_CMilnes) January 5, 2021
View this post on Instagram